In EOS, data files are organized in form of objects in a bucket. A bucket is container just like folders or directories in your OS and allows separation of concerns. For example, you could create a bucket for a personnel app and another one for accounts app. This will enables you to manage permissions and data separately.
To start using EOS for data storage, you must create a bucket.
- Sign into My Account
- Go to Products > Storage option in sidebar menu
- Click on + Add bucket button
- Enter a unique bucket name. You must follow these guidelines when choosing the bucket name:
- You must enter a bucket name that is unique across all existing buckets in E2E Object Storage. You can not choose a name that is already in use by another user.
- Names can not be changed after creation. So choose wisely.
- Bucket name must be atleast 3 and no more than 63 chars long.
- Upper case or underscores are not allowed.
- Do not format bucket names like ip address (for example, 10.10.10.2).
- Click Create
- You will be re-directed to object browser.
You will not be charged for empty buckets.
Now that your bucket is ready, you may choose to Upload files through object browser or set bucket permissions to enable CLI access.