How to reserve an IP address?¶
Reserve IP address¶
On E2E Networks Public Cloud (the services available via MyAccount portal), now you can reserve IP addresses. Reserving an IP address ensures that an IP address will be reserved for your account. You can assign a reserved IP address to any Node/resource depending on your requirements.
For example, you can dynamically update the backend resources of your applications and websites by re-assigning the reserved IP address without a downtime.
Since DNS propagation takes time when A records of a domain name are changed, reserving an IP address allows you to re-assign the IP address to a new resource without updating your domain name A records; this is useful especially when you are moving to a different Node series — for example, C2 series to Smart Dedicated series.
Reserving an IP address will cost ₹150 + GST per month. If you are a prepaid customer, infra credits will be deducted as soon as an IP address is reserved. If you are a postpaid customer, the relevant charges will be added to your monthly invoice.
Logging into E2E Networks ‘My Account’¶
- Please go to ‘My Account’ and log in using your credentials set up at the time of creating and activating the E2E Networks ‘My Account’.
Reserve a New IP address¶
- Now, you have to Click on the ‘Reserve New IP ‘ button to reserving a new public IP for your MyAccount. The following pop-up box will appear.
- Again, click-on “Reserve a new IP” after reading the information on the pop-up box.
- A new public IP address will be reserved and will be shown as follows.
Reserve Node’s IP Address¶
You can also reserve your running Nodes, Load balancer’s IP address.
- For this, you have to Click on the ‘Reserve Node IP ‘ button to reserving a public IP associated with your running Nodes, Load balancer for your MyAccount. The following pop-up box will appear.
The Public IP address can be reserved for running node only, If you do not have any Node in running state then you will not be able to reserve a Node’s IP.
- From the drop-down list select the node of which public IP address you want to reserve.
- After selecting the node, click on the “Reserve IP” button.
- The IP address is reserved and will be shown as follows in the Manage Reserved IP section.
- You cannot assign this IP address to another Node without deleting the Node to which the Reserved IP address originally belongs to.
This Node’s IP is unavailable because it is attached to a running node that why default status is ‘Unavailable’. Please terminate the node to make it available.
Reserve Node’s IP Address while deleting a Node¶
You can also reserve a Node’s IP address while terminating the Node.
- On the left side of the MyAccount dashboard, click on the “Nodes” sub-menu available under the Products section or You may also click on the “Nodes” header on the dashboard.
- You will be Navigate to Manage Nodes page.
- Select the node which you want to terminate and click on the ‘delete node’.
- The following pop-up box will appear. Select the checkbox available and click on delete.
The Node’s IP address will be reserved for your MyAccount, and the Node will be deleted.
If you face any problems/issues, please open a support ticket by writing an email to email@example.com with relevant screenshots.
Attach Reserved IP address¶
- You can attach a reserved IP address to a Web Server, Load Balancer, and a Node. For this, click on the Actions button and select the Attach IP.
- From the pop-up box, select the node, load balancer for which you want to attach this new IP address.
- Click on Attach IP and an additional IP address will be assigned to your running node.
..Note:: You can assign more than 1 reserved IP addresses to a single Node/resource.
Delete Reserved IP address¶
- You can delete a reserved IP address anytime. For this, click on the Actions button and select the Delete IP.
- A confirmation pop-up box will appear on the screen. Click on the ‘Delete IP’ button.
..Note :: You cannot delete a reserved IP address when the status is attached. You have to first Detach the Reserved IP from the Node, then only you would be able to delete a reserved IP address.
Reserved IP Limit¶
- The defaults reserved IP limit information will be available at the ‘Manage Reserved IP’ page.
- You can request to increase the default limit of reserved IP at any time. The pop-up window will appear requesting you to specify your use case that needs more reserved IP addresses.
- After specifying the use case details, click on ‘Increase IP Limit’.
- Your request will be reviewed by E2E Networks Customer Communications Team. You will be notified about the request approval by email.
- If required Our team will contact to help you with your request.
- once your request is approved, You can either reserve a New IP address or you can reserve the IP address of an existing node in your MyAccount.