E2E Block Storage Provides block-level storage volumes to use with our compute nodes. These volumes can be attached to your computing nodes which makes its data and file system available for your nodes. If your node is running on linux, then you can mount this volume filesystem just like mounting any other filesystem.
E2E’s Block Storage can be useful when your storage needs get increased more than your computing demands, Since these block storage volumes are directly connected to your nodes, their I/O speeds are much faster compared to alternative storage solutions like object storage.
Creating Block Storage¶
You can create block storage and attach it to any of the supported nodes. Before creating block storage, you should consider the storage size. If you are creating a volume for high performance and storage, You should make sure to create block storage with enough storage and IOPS.
This section will show you how to create block storage from the Myaccount portal.
Login to MyAccount Portal¶
- Login to Myaccount Portal using your credentials set up at the time of creating and activating the E2E Networks ‘My Account’.
Add Block Storage¶
- On the top right section of the block storage dashboard, You need to click on the “Add Block storage” Button which will prompt you to enter the details for your Block storage volume.
Block Storage Configurations¶
You need to select the required configuration for your Block storage volume. The IOPS configuration increases with the size of the Block storage. Below are the plan available currently
- Block Storage Size - 250 GB for IOPS 3750
- Block Storage Size - 500 GB for IOPS 7500
- Block Storage Size - 1 TB for IOPS 15000
- Block Storage Size - 2 TB for IOPS 30000
- Block Storage Size - 4 TB for IOPS 60000
- Block Storage Size - 8 TB for IOPS 120000
- Once the Plan has been selected, enter the Block storage name and click on the create button to create block storage.Your Block storage status is changed to available, You will now be able to attach it to your Nodes.
Block Storage Details¶
- You can view the details of your block storage configuration on your dashboard
Attaching Block Storage to your Node¶
- Block storage can be attached to your supported compute nodes. Currently, you can attach your node to GPU or SDC nodes only.
To attach the Block storage to a node, click on Action and Select Attach Block Storage
- Select the Node for which you want to attach your EBS using the scroll down option and click on attach.
Your node should be powered off before attaching block storage to your nodes
- Once you have attached your block storage, The status of it will be changed to Attached and you will be able to view the details of your attached node on the dashboard
Detaching Block Storage from your Node¶
- To Detach your Block Storage from your node, You will need to select Action and click on detach volume
- You will be asked for confirmation to detach the block storage from your node, Tickmark the option, and detach the node. To avoid any data loss, you need to ensure that block storage not -in use while detaching action is performed. We recommend you first unmount the block storage from the node before detaching it.
- Once the Block Storage has been detached from your node, The status of it will be changed from Attached to Available again. Further, You can use this block storage to attach it on other nodes or delete it.
Create a Snapshot¶
- To make block storage’s data backup you can create a snapshot, To create a snapshot of your database click on Action and select create snapshot
- Enter the Snapshot name and click on create snapshot
- The Snapshots will now be available in the snapshot section of your dashboard
- Once the snapshot is created, your data will be backed up and preserved and now you will be able to create new block storage from the available snapshot.
- To create new block storage from Snapshot, Select Action and click on create block storage
- Enter the details of new block storage name and click create.
- A new block storage will be created from the snapshot you saved.
Delete a Block Storage¶
- To Delete a Block Storage, You need to select Action and Click on Delete.
- You will get a warning message that you will permanently lose data stored in block storage and associated snapshot on the deletion of this block storage. Proceed further and click on Delete to delete your block storage
You will have detach your node from your block storage first before deleting